Busy Busy Busy
These activities sure keep us busy! The hardest for me is to prepare the night before and decide what activity to do and 1) make sure I have everything needed and 2) get out everything needed! I don't know how many times I said, "Henry, let's do _____ today" and he got so excited only to find out I didn't have everything to do it... bummer.
Here's what we've been doing! (I know, some of these seem pretty minor, but just setting a time aside to do it seems to be the trick)
Henry spent hours playing with this and asked to get it out the next day again. However, I'm trying to keep it as a "special" toy. I used rice for the 'sand' - you could use just about anything... I'm not sure why I didn't just use sand.... I was thinking this would be less messy, but I'm not sure it was.
2) Green Rice Crispy Treats - Xmas Cutouts
We made Rice Crispy Treats and dyed them green for Xmas and the plan was to cut them out with Xmas Cookie Cutters (we have an abundance of them at the bakery...) - however, the cutters never found their way to the house. I did have a star cutter here so as Henry ate them, they got cut (and I got the scraps.... hehe)
3) Pasta/Cereal Necklace
I thought this one would be a big hit and would entertain him for hours. But on this morning, Henry refused to have breakfast, so instead of threading any cereal, it just went in his mouth. This activity was a dud for us. :(
4) Play Doh!!
Obvious, huh? Its never been a hit before, but this time... WOW, Henry spent 2 hours making 'food' for me to eat, and he only quit then because it was suppertime.
Here is a picture of his specialty menu item - "Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream"! (He came up with the name on his own...)
We went to see Santa on Saturday and did a little craft afterwards. Henry enjoyed himself!
And I'll leave you with a picture of Henry on Santa's lap (I was actually surprised he didn't figure out it was our neighbor, Jerry). He did good - he told him what he wanted to Christmas - "blue tractor and green semi!" (by the way... anyone know where to find a green semi?!?"
Labels: Activities, Kitchen, newsletter, Play Doh, Playdough Activities, preschool, toddler

1 Comments:
Looks like a success!
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home