5.25.2011

30 Ways to Play with Balloons

A while ago, Henry and I had a little Balloon Extravaganza.
Balloons are a blast! Get them out all year round!

Since then, I've been on the lookout for fun ways to play with balloons.

Here are
30 Ways to Play with Balloons:
Through activities, art, experiments, and crafts!


-------------------------
balloon activities :

A Mom with a Lesson Plan

Let's Explore


{Share and Remember}

hands on : as we grow

hands on : as we grow

Tinkerlab

My Kids Make





-------------------------
balloon art :

Jada Roo Can Do

Irresistible Ideas
for Play Based Learning
  

hands on : as we grow

cows go moo ducks go quack

Deflated Drawings:
Paint on the Ceiling

MomDaze




-------------------------
balloon experiments :


Almost Unschoolers

Almost Unschoolers
 

Homeschool Creations

I Can Teach My Child


Delightful Learning

A Little Learning for Two
Irresistible Ideas for
Play Based Learning

Almost Unschoolers


-------------------------
balloon crafts :


Me and My Insanity

Family Chic
 

Strong Start

hands on : as we grow



The Imagination Tree

The Chocolate Muffin Tree


Quirky Momma

Ruffled




What have you done with balloons?
Do you have balloons out without having an occasion?





jamie @ hands on : as we grow
-- Henry is 3 years old --
-- George is 8 months old --








subscribe via email  

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 , Blogger Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

some real fun ideas here! I am going to be doing ladybugs next week so those goop ladybugs look awesome to try! thanks for sharing so many great ideas!

Bernadette - Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas

 
At May 25, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! What a seriously impressive bunch of ideas. There are so many original things to try here. I am going to pin it! ;-)

 
At May 25, 2011 , Blogger Michelle Gibson said...

I second that wow! Makes me want to go out and buy a big bag of balloons in all shapes and sizes! Thanks for including our balloon experiment in your list, too!

 
At May 25, 2011 , Blogger I Am Rachele said...

Fantastic list! Thanks for putting this together!

 
At May 25, 2011 , Blogger ShareandRemember said...

Surprised to see my group of kiddos when I clicked on this post! :) Thanks for including me. Fun ideas here. It's a rainy day here so we played with balloons inside today.

 
At May 25, 2011 , Anonymous Jill @ A Mom With A Lesson Plan said...

What a great list! Thanks for the link=)

 
At May 26, 2011 , Anonymous Sweet Craft Cakes said...

Wow, this is great thanks for sharing! Smiles~ Noelle

 
At May 26, 2011 , Blogger Sarah said...

Okay, I LOVE this post so much!

Balloons just never get old, do they?! We travel. Too much, seriously. EVERY. Single. Time we travel, we take a bag of balloons.

Great for the car/plane (a small one of course).

Fab for the hotel where you just don't have as many toys as home. We fill up the room and I'm sure the housekeeping thinks we are crazy!

And the best part is you don't have to bring them back with you! :)

~Sarah
www.ateacheratheart.blogspot.com

 
At May 26, 2011 , Blogger Esther said...

Wonderful list! Perfect to try during summer vacation! Any craft with balloons is a hit @our home. Our living room is often filled with balloons

Balloon activities from my blog

http://creativitymypassion.blogspot.com/2011/05/lots-of-dots-book-balloon-and-q-tip.html

http://creativitymypassion.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-read-along-lots-of-balloons.html

 
At May 26, 2011 , Blogger Laura said...

Awesome ideas here. I have this bookmarked now! Thanks.

I have tagged you in this campaign:
http://www.art4littlehands.com/2011/05/self-portrait-for-cause-no-child-is.html

 
At May 27, 2011 , Anonymous becky@ MyKidsMake said...

fun!!! who knew you could do so many things with a balloon! thanks for listing our Countdown Calendar in your list!!

 
At May 27, 2011 , Blogger BookChook said...

This is the power of the internet, isn't it Jamie? If I'd brainstormed I would maybe have come up with three or four balloon ideas but you have gathered so many fun and educational activities from across the sites. Great stuff!

 
At May 28, 2011 , Blogger Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

I didn't even realize I was in this lineup!!! I was wondering why I was getting hits from your site!
Thanks for making me as part of this Great line up of ways to play with balloons!

 
At May 29, 2011 , Blogger Darcey said...

Wow, these ideas are great! Who knew you could do so much with balloons. I've linked up to your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-favorites-for-may-29-2011.html
Happy Mamorial Day

 
At September 12, 2011 , Blogger Jen said...

Yay! My little guy loves balloons!! These are fabulous ideas!

We have used a funnel to partly fill balloons with things like rice and water, which make interesting shakers and fall to the ground faster than those just filled with air (neat little science experiment). We also have strung a net (sheet between chairs) and played volleyball with the balloon.

http://jen-peacefulparenting.blogspot.com/2011/09/celebrating-100-posts-with-20.html

Thanks for the great post!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home