6.28.2011

30+ Dirty Kid Activities

International Mud Day is tomorrow, Wednesday, June 29th!

To celebrate, here's 30 dirty activities for kids, dirt construction to art with dirt, exploring teaching opportunities as well as the obvious mud and dirt sensory activities.

Find a dirt patch, make some mud and start digging!

For even more dirty and muddy ways to play, there's a mud day linky at the end to provide you even more inspiration to let your kids get full of mud!


-------------------------
dirt construction activities :


dirt and mud construction activities
Sun Hats & Wellie Boots

dirt and mud construction activities

Education.com

Irresistible Ideas
for Play Based Learning
dirt and mud construction activities



-------------------------
dirty art projects :

dirt and mud art
Camp Slop

Casa Maria's 
Creative Learning Zone
dirt and mud art
dirt and mud art
Time for Play

dirt and mud art


-------------------------
dirt sensory play :

dirt and mud sensory activities
Chasing Cheerios

Play & Learn with Dana
dirt and mud sensory activities
dirt and mud sensory activities

The Great Green Room
dirt and mud sensory activities
dirt and mud sensory activities
The Chocolate Muffin Tree

Quirky Momma
dirt and mud sensory activities
dirt and mud sensory activities
Play-Based Classroom

Play Create Explore
dirt and mud sensory activities


-------------------------
pretend dirt play :

dirt and mud pretend play

Greening Sam & Avery
dirt and mud pretend play
dirt and mud pretend play
Child Central Station

Habeebee Homeschooling
dirt and mud pretend play
dirt and mud pretend play

Nurture

The Imagination Tree
dirt and mud pretend play




-------------------------
playful dirty learning :
dirt and mud learning

Peaceful Parenting

Naturally Educational
dirt and mud learning
dirt and mud learning
Parenting Science

Spell Outloud
dirt and mud learning
dirt and mud learning

Paint Cut Paste

hands on : as we grow
dirt and mud learning
dirt and mud learning
hands on : as we grow


The Work Plan
dirt and mud learning

dirt and mud play
Chasing Supermom



Gotten muddy lately?
Share your dirty experiences below!

More collections of play ideas!

Check back throughout the week (June 27-July 1), 
muddy activities and ways to play will be added all week long to celebrate International Mud Day!





-------------------------

-------------------------

jamie @ hands on : as we grow
-- Henry is 3 years old --
-- George is 8 months old --












subscribe via email  

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a FANTASTIC list of ideas you have put together Jamie! Well done! And thanks for including a couple of ours :-)

 
At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

WOw! You are Amazing! You area Genius and making collection posts! Thanks for doing all the research! Thanks for including me!

 
At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

(yikes----mistakes galore!) You are a Genius at making collection posts!

 
At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks like loads of fun and tons of Spray n Wash later.

 
At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

oh boy - what muddy messy fun you ahve listed here! Awesome & inspiring ideas all in one place! :)

 
At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Juliet Robertson said...

Wow! This is the Mother of all Mud Posts! You've done your homework and more! Thanks so much. I'm awed!

 
At June 28, 2011 , Blogger Holly G said...

Just found your blog and I fell in love! I'm an elementary school teacher (I've taught 1st and 2nd grade) who is going down to Pre-K next year and I could use all the great ideas I can get! Plus my kids are 3 y/o twins plus a 19 month old so I can do lots of these activities at home with them too! We'll definitely be getting dirty tomorrow! :)

 
At June 29, 2011 , Blogger balmeras said...

So fun -- this is what childhood should look like. I can't believe it too me this long to find your blog!

:-) Bethe @balmeras

 
At June 29, 2011 , Blogger Callie said...

What a fun post! I love the "mud buildings" idea. I think we'll try that out this afternoon.

This is a great blog! So glad I stopped by! (from weteach)

 
At June 29, 2011 , Blogger Mozer said...

What a great list of muddy resources! Thanks for the feature! :)

 
At June 29, 2011 , Anonymous Time for Play said...

Thanks for including our Dirt Paintings....we are going out to get muddy with all these great ideas!

 
At June 29, 2011 , Anonymous Angelique Felix said...

Great post! Thank you so much for sharing .
Angelique

 
At June 29, 2011 , Anonymous Melissa @ Simple Whimsy said...

What a wonderful list of mud activities! Thanks for including our Mud Pie kitchen. I will be sharing some of these ideas with my girls. I definitely think a fairy ring is in order.

 
At June 30, 2011 , Anonymous Pretty Nifty said...

Thanks so much for this! My son and I (yes, I joined in!) just played in the mud for probably a full two hours! Made a mountain, waterfall, river and huge lake complete with a swamp monster (just a root of a weed)! Played with blocks, dinosaurs, construction vehicles and the always useful bilibo! He's two and usually hates getting dirty, but he warmed up eventually and I think he had the time of his life! His favorite part was the monster!

 
At June 30, 2011 , Blogger RainbowsWithinReach said...

Pretty brilliant collection! Wow! I stand in awe of your efforts to reach out and include such a cross section of ideas.

Thanks also for including the linkie party for those of us joining somewhat after-the-fact!!

KUDOS!!

 
At July 01, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

We missed mud day! :-( I think I'm going to have to declare our own family mud day. You have tons of great activities here that I know my kids will love!

 
At July 01, 2011 , Anonymous Nurture said...

Thank you for including us in your mud post! We love mud and love your site.

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home