1.30.2012

Counting Activity: A Maze of Numbers

counting maze activity

I taped out a maze on our floor with masking and painter's tape.
I simple labeled it with numbers, not necessarily in order.

[By the way: that was the extent of George's participation in the maze activity. Sitting on the maze.]

I used the tape itself as the road of the maze [instead of between the tape lines].

I made sure to include numbers that Henry wasn't quite as familiar with [to fifteen].
He's got 1-10 down pat, but starts getting confused at 13 [skipping to 16, then 19].
He also has troubles recognizing any double digit number, so this was great practice!

counting numbers on a maze

Henry grabbed his machine of choice, the combine.
And drove through the maze, in the order of the numbers.

counting activity for preschoolers

As I suspected, he did need some help with the double digit numbers and also with the next number after 13. But overall, I was quite impressed!

A fun, interactive way to learn your numbers!
You can adjust the numbers up or down to your child's level.
Or even do skip counting [by 5s or 10s]!
ABCs would be another fun way to do this maze!

*Beware: Use painters tape on your floor if at all possible. Other tape sticks. Bad.

Check out our outdoor maze that Henry drove through!


jamie @ hands on : as we grow
Henry is 3 years. George is 1 year.

Current sponsors :  Fudoo Boards  :  A Mom with a Lesson Plan  :  CraftProjectIdeas.com
Design your own party invitations at Vistaprint.com









Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At January 30, 2012 , Anonymous Emma @mummymummymum said...

That is such a good idea!My little boy loves mazes, i might try that with words to read. xx

 
At January 30, 2012 , Anonymous Jen@Creative and Curious Kids! said...

Good idea! I think little man would like riding his cars through a maze and then integrating counting for learning as well. Thanks!

 
At January 30, 2012 , Anonymous Prabha@LearningUnboxed said...

This is just fantastic.

 
At January 30, 2012 , Anonymous Brenna said...

This activity will go great w a community helper theme in two weeks. Thx for the idea.

 
At January 30, 2012 , Anonymous OneMommy said...

I've been wanting to do a tape maze with my little guy. Love the idea of adding numbers to it to work on counting skills as well.

 
At February 01, 2012 , Blogger My Life as Mommy said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to remember this for when my Little Man gets a little older (he's 17 Months). Great idea

 
At February 02, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks like hourse of fun!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home