1.10.2012

Outdoor Winter Activity: Coloring Snow


We were graced with a warm day [32 degrees] with a light dusting of snow [a couple inches] just before Christmas. My Christmas wish came true! We barely had a white Christmas, but we did!

The morning the snow fell, Henry and I took a look outside the window...
... and I asked him, "Isn't it pretty?"

Henry's response...
"No. It needs color to be pretty."

So we colored the snow that afternoon to have a beautiful yard of colored snow!


I stocked Henry up with some supplies:
  • A spray bottle with water and a few drops of green food coloring.
  • A container of water with red food coloring added.
  • Syringes, scoops and a turkey baster.
If it was super cold, I would have probably stuck to just the spray bottle so his fingers wouldn't get wet. But since it was a nice day and the sun was shining, I let him dip in the water and have a good time.




Henry took the color all over the yard.
I even made a Ho! Ho! Ho! writing in the snow, just in time for Santa to come.

Just be careful of cold fingers if they're getting wet.
Once we get snow again, we'll definitely be adding color to it some more! 
We'll have to get creative with how we do it if its too cold!

Snow painting is nothing new I created. Lots of kids are coloring snow!
Have you colored snow yet?


Shared at Come Together Kids Winter Fun Ideas Party!

jamie @ hands on : as we grow
Henry is 3 years. George is 1 year.

Current sponsors :  Fudoo Boards  :  A Mom with a Lesson Plan  :  CraftProjectIdeas.com
Design your own party invitations at Vistaprint.com








Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 10, 2012 , Blogger LeeanneA said...

We are still waiting for some snow to play in - it's hard to believe this is Canada eh!

 
At January 10, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks wonderful! All I need is some snow!

 
At January 10, 2012 , Blogger Lindsay said...

I can't wait to have snow to do this...living in Buffalo you would think we would have some!!

 
At January 10, 2012 , Blogger Jackie Higgins said...

Fun! I'm with everyone else, though, no snow yet. It wish it could just snow for a day or two and then go back to this spring like January! I'll pin all of your snowy ideas for when the snow hits, though.

 
At January 10, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait till it snows here! We have been using chalks on the wet pavement here - the colours become really bright and turn to paint!

 
At January 10, 2012 , Blogger PJ Day said...

That looks really neat. Fun activity.

 
At January 11, 2012 , Blogger Brittney said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 11, 2012 , Blogger Brittney said...

I've been waiting to do this activity, but we've only had one small snow so far. I plan on doing a little "color mixing" lesson when we do this!

Brittney
www.moms-heart.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home