Sensory Activity for All Ages: Dish Soap Foam!
I knew when I saw this snow sensory activity from dish soap, from You Pinspire Me, when I collected the ideas for the Snow Collection, that it was something the boys would love and we just had to do it.
Dish Soap Foam!
So easy, your child could, and can, do it!
I put some dish soap in a measuring cup [just squirted a good amount] and added a tad bit of water.
Dumped that in my food processor, and let the kids foam it up!
Ta-Da!
Foam!
The longer you do it, the foamier, and thicker, it gets!
We made batch after batch of dish soap foam!
Seriously, like 6 batches of it.
A few of them, we added food coloring too!
Purples and pinks for Valentine's Day, of course.
I set down towels and trays and bowls.
Expecting the kids to nicely play on the floor.
Instantly, it was moved to the dishwasher.

My dishwasher is nice and clean and shiny now.
A major benefit to working with soap!
[I should have moved it to the shower or tub! It could use a good cleaning...]
Once they tired of the soap sensory foam on its own...
...We moved it to the sink and added a tad bit more water.
Play continued....

The food coloring does add a little coloring to the activity... to clothes, and hands... and whatever else it might get on. It did come out of all clothes thankfully.
Bonus: Your food processor gets a good cleaning too!
Henry is 3 years. George is 1 year.
Current sponsors : Fudoo Boards : A Mom with a Lesson Plan : CraftProjectIdeas.com : My Toy Smart
Design your own party invitations at Vistaprint.com
Labels: Activities, Activities for Preschoolers, baby, Baby Play, Free Play, kids, preschool, Preschool Activities, Sensory Activities, teachpreschool, toddler, Toddler Activities, Valentine's Day

10 Comments:
So much fun!!! I love that you added food coloring on it :)
~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com
This looks like so much fun! I am definitely doing it with my girls! :)
I love that they "washed" the dishwasher for you! I may have to try this some time when I need to get some cleaning done so I have a little helper instead of a little distracter. :)
What a great sensory activity. I'll definitely be adding this to my "must do" list!
Great messy activity...your pics convey so much fun!
Definitely going to have to do this with my kiddos.
Looks like fun! Thanks for coming by our blog www.youpinspireme.blogspot.com! I tried some food colouring once but we ended up with a greenish tinge on our kitchen table... :)
This looks like a great way to do spring cleaning!
use the foam to paint in the bathtub,and avoid the mess :)
Great idea! This is such a neat way to make cleaning our floor into a fun family activity. I can't wait to try this over the weekend.
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home