11.09.2011

A Big, Big Art Collection

If you've been around for awhile, you already know I'm a fan of Big Art.

For those of you that are new to this term that I've made up.

Big Art is art that makes you be involved in the process.
[Because I believe the early years its all about the process, and not the product.]

Its big.
It gets you moving.
Generally, using those gross motor skills that are ever so important in the early years.

How to create Big Art: 
  • Make art bigger
  • Create it with movement
  • Use big objects
Here are 40 examples of what I claim to be Big Art!

big art with movement
The Outlaw Mom

big art with movement
Let Kids Create

big art with movement
Childhood 101

Casa Maria's Learning Zone


big art with movement
hands on : as we grow


big art with movement
Carrots are Orange
big art with movement
La-de-la-de-da

pumpkin activity
Stephani's Epiphanies
pumpkin activity
One Inch World

big art with movement
Kids Activities Blog
big art with movement
Ribbon Throwing:
hands on : as we grow

big art with movement
Little Preschool on the Prairie
Joyfully Weary

big art with movement
The Artful Child
big art with movement
Play at Home Mom

big art with movement
Beansprouts Preschool
big art with movement
The Imagination Tree

big art with movement
Dancing Art:
Classified: Mom
big art with movement
Pre-school Play

big art with movement
Sun Hats & Wellie Boots

big art with movement
Curly Birds

big art with movement
Spaghetti Throwing:
Adventures of the Smith Family

big art with movement
Tinkerlab

big art with movement
AngeliqueFelix.com
big art with movement
Praises of a Wife and Mommy

big art with movement
Little Running Teacher

big art with movement
Child Central Station

big art with movement
How Long is this Hall?

big art with movement
Brick by Brick

big art with movement
Share & Remember

big art with movement
Teach Preschool

big art with movement
Kreative Resources
big art with movement
hands on : as we grow

big art with movement
Child Central Station
big art with movement
Child Central Station

big art with movement
hands on : as we grow

big art with movement
Mommy Labs

big art with movement
The Chocolate Muffin Tree
big art with movement
The Chocolate Muffin Tree

Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds





-----------------------
Now that's a Big, Big Art Collection!
-----------------------


More collections of play ideas!



jamie @ hands on : as we grow


Henry is 3 years.
George is 1 year.
Head on over & check out our sponsors:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At November 09, 2011 , Anonymous angelique Felix said...

WOW! Let's do it BIG!! yeah :)

Thanks Jamie, amazing as always
Angelique

 
At November 09, 2011 , Blogger Aleacia said...

Holy Cow! I love big art! I wish it was getting warmer instead of colder so I can do some of these! I really, really want to try pendulum painting. I've seen it around and have always wanted to try it but now it's my mission! :)
Thanks for this roundup, so many great ideas!!
Aleacia

 
At November 09, 2011 , Anonymous Cheryl Golangco said...

Loving ALL the wonderful ideas here!! Thanks for compiling them all, as well as including my blog! :)

 
At November 09, 2011 , Blogger Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Thank you including us and yet another Great collection!

 
At November 09, 2011 , Anonymous Rashmie @ MommyLabs said...

O my gosh, what a fabulous collection of ideas! Can't wait to try some of these over the weekend.
I've been thinking of doing pendulum painting for a while.

Thank you so much, Jamie, for including our self-portrait. :)

 
At November 09, 2011 , Blogger rachelle | tinkerlab said...

So much fun! Can't wait to try some of these new-to-us ideas, Jamie.

 
At November 09, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
What a wonderful collection and ideas for big arts? I have to honestly say that I was hesitant to let my boy mess around with colorful hands all these years. Big breakthrough this year for us, didn't mind even if we had to live in a rental house. Big Arts is one step further, the very reason I am commenting here is giving me an intuition that we are up to something big now. Thanks.
Prabha @learningunboxed

 
At November 09, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
What a wonderful collection and ideas for big arts? I have to honestly say that I was hesitant to let my boy mess around with colorful hands all these years. Big breakthrough this year for us, didn't mind even if we had to live in a rental house. Big Arts is one step further, the very reason I am commenting here is giving me an intuition that we are up to something big now. Thanks.

 
At November 11, 2011 , Blogger Jen said...

AWESOME!! So need a large roll of mural paper.

 
At November 13, 2011 , Anonymous Michelle Breum said...

Oh how fun! This is a super collection of art ideas. The mess is worth the fun!!! I'm so missing summer right now!

 
At November 20, 2011 , Anonymous homeschool mama said...

such a great roundup! thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home