34 Recyclables to Upcycle for the Kids
I don't think its possible to be a hands on mom without saving anything and everything imaginable.Ever since I started doing crafts and activities with Henry, we've been hoarding recyclables.
Henry actually has his own 'recycling center' now.
So, what is worth saving?
What can be put to good use for the kids?
I've come up with a list of 34 items to reuse that tend to be in your recycling bin. Try setting them aside before taking them out to be recycled.
What can this recyclable become?
What can it be upcycled into?
A collection of 34 Recyclables to Upcycle just for the Kids
Believe me though, its not just limited to these!
I'm collecting more and more ways to upcycle your recyclables on Pinterest.
Its never ending.
|
|
Milk Jugs
Jug Toss |
|
#6 Plastic
Shrinky Dinks | ||
Creative Jewish Mom
Homeschool Creations
| ||
Plastic Bottle Caps
Stamps | ||
Cereal Box:
Puzzles
Centers & Circle Time
| ||
Baby Food Jars
hands on : as we grow
| ||
Tissue Box
Tie Shoe Strings
Adventures at Home
Upright Tissue Box
Fabric Scrap Toy
My Silly Little Life
| ||
Foam Tray
Weaving
Play Create Explore
| ![]() | |
Metal Lids
Magnet Play | ||
![]() |
Paper/Fabric Tube
Marble Run | |
Styrofoam
Hammering
hands on : as we grow
Packing Peanuts
Structures
Creativity My Passion
| ||
Teach Mama
CD or DVD
Hovercraft
The Chocolate Muffin Tree
| ||
Amy's Cooking Adventures
Mama Smiles
|
| |
Tissue Paper
Busy Baby Play
hands on : as we grow
Shredded Paper | ||
And there's so much to do with an assortment of recyclables.
- Inspiration Sounds Creativity Abounds: Play with Recyclables
- Inspiration Sounds Creativity Abounds: Junk Collage
- NurtureStore: Junk Model Marble Run
- NurtureStore: Junk Model Robot
- The Imagination Tree: Junk Box and Tubes Free Play
- and Tinkerlab has a lot of Creative Challenges that often use recycled items!
Don't forget my Pinterest Board with more ways to upcycle your recyclables!
________________
What's your favorite recyclable
to use with the kids?
Current sponsors : Fudoo Boards : A Mom with a Lesson Plan : CraftProjectIdeas.com : My Toy Smart
Design your own party invitations at Vistaprint.com
Labels: Activities, Activities for Preschoolers, Crafts, Preschool Activities, roundup, teachpreschool, toddler, Toddler Activities



















16 Comments:
Great list!!
What an assortment of great ideas!
What a great list of ideas - we have the recycling centre as well for J - it's growing with everything that he thinks he could make something with.
Thanks for sharing our milk jug toss! Love this round-up. I find myself using more and more recyclables all of the time. :)
So glad to know I'm not the only one recreating things from our recycle bin... we made some fun Drums recently from ours. http://www.theeducatorsspinonit.blogspot.com/2012/01/baby-time-lets-make-music.html
This was great! I'd like to add- I like to take two milk/juice cartons and cut the tops off. I jam one inside the other open end to open end to make a closed block. After a while you amass a large enough collection for a set of building blocks. If you are really ambitious I suppose you could decopage or contact paper them.
Wonderful Collection of upcycled crafts! Thanks for featuring our packing peanut sculpture
Thanks for the feature of our CD hovercraft! We had so much fun with that and need to revisit it again soon! Thanks for the great round up----as always!
Dorothy! -- that is one brilliant idea you have! I'm so saving my milk jugs for that! I think the Sunny D jugs would be the best - they're square and seem sturdier. Love that idea. Really really do!
Saw this and thought of our can discussion... http://ohhappyday.com/2012/02/mini-cakes-diy/
Wouldn't it be fun and yummy to re-use some cans this way?
Great round up!! Will need to spend some time pinning this weekend.
Thanks for sharing my paper bag activity! What a fun group of activities for kids!
Outstanding ideas - I look forward to trying some. Thanks!
Nothing quite like crafting with recyclables! LOVE IT!
Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!
Maggy
Thanks for including my oatmeal container activity! Also for introducing me to your blog because it's new to me - am now following on twitter and pinterest :)
What wonderful ideas! I love all the ways people came up with to recycle.
Thanks so much for featuring our metal lid magnet tub! This is a great list
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home