2.28.2012

Sand Sensory Art: 100th Day of Preschool


Henry had his first homework assignment for preschool.
To create the number 100 out of something.
[Not 100 of something, but to make the numbers themselves.]

We discussed it together to decide what to make.
[Henry told me his teacher made one out of corn!]

We decided we wanted to make one with dirt.
Well, its February in Iowa and it just snowed about six inches, so dirt wasn't to be found.
We settled on sand. [Thankfully, our sandbox has a lid!]

Henry created the number 100 while playing with sand, inside!
It was fun and George even joined in.

First, I had Henry write the number 100 on a piece of scrapbook paper.
I was amazed at how easy this was for him.
His writing skills have really taken off, even if they aren't correctly done all the time, I'm still impressed. [He often starts at the bottom of letters and numbers, instead of the top.]

I then traced over it to thicken up the lines.

Henry painted the numbers with glue. 


And then the real fun began.
The sand came out.

Henry decided to dig in it with his backhoe.
Loading it up and hauling it to his paper.


This literally took him well over an hour to do.

He covered his numbers with sand, as well as pushing the sand around to make piles and spread it out. He was pretty busy.


When all the numbers were completely covered, he picked up the paper and shook it off.

Ta-da! 
The number 100 was still there where he painted his glue! 


What's your opinion?
Does he get an E for effort?


Like it? Share it!


Current sponsors :  Fudoo Boards  :  A Mom with a Lesson Plan  :  CraftProjectIdeas.com : My Toy Smart


Design your own party invitations at Vistaprint.com

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 28, 2012 , Blogger Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

what a fun way to create 100 and yay to both of you for those writing skills! Once they get going, it really moves along doesn't it! :)

 
At February 28, 2012 , Blogger Roopa said...

I say 'E for Excellent' !! I really love how he used his backhoe to load sand :-)

 
At February 28, 2012 , Blogger Authors4Alzheimers said...

Henry, I taught first grade and you did a better job than many first graders could do. E for excellent, A +, and W for Wow! Carolyn

 
At February 29, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I teach preschool and I LOVE that you let him play for over an hour during this project! So many times we push ahead for the finished project and forget that the important learning goes on DURING. A+ Mom!

 
At July 28, 2024 , Anonymous Aaronia said...

Just like this days like year 2023, I was very sick I mean ill and I couldn't get things done all by myself because of my kidney stones diseases and my herpes but today I thank God that he uses Dr Jekawo to save my life, I'm so grateful for what Dr Jekawo did for me after years of suffering from illness, Dr Jekawo prepare herbal medicines for me that cure my kidney diseases and herpes completely after drinking his herbal medicines for 20 days I'm cured and healthy again, I lived in Ohio USA Dr Jekawo sent me the herbal medicines via DHL courier after paying for the herbs because Dr Jekawo is an African traditional herbal doctor in which he inherit the ancestral power from his forefathers to able to cure all diseases such as Dementia,ALS,Parkinson,Diabetes,Herpes,HPV,Fibroid,Hepatitis,Chlamydia,Hv/Aids, Cancer, Erectile dysfunction. So many I cannot mention out here but when contacted Dr Jekawo on his Email drjekawo@gmail.com he will explain to you about his herbal knowledge journey so far.
I believe anyone here can be sick with any diseases so this my testimony can help someone here.

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home