1.03.2011

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!

Over the holidays we had some family home. Its always exciting to get the cousins together because it doesn't happen too often - and luckily, ALL of Henry's cousins (so far) are all about the same age, so its so fun to see how they interact when they do get together.

 I decided to try out an activity with Henry and his cousin Connor. We made trains for each of the boys out of leftover boxes from Christmas. (I got this idea out of the Toddler's Busy Book that I talked about at the beginning of the Blog.)

Before getting the boys involved, I cut the flaps off of each box. 

 



We let the boys decorate their train cars with markers and wrapping paper and glue. Lish (Connor's mom) and I wrote the boys' names on their trains so each of our boys had a car.  

They didn't get too into the decorating. Henry just wanted to use the glue stick - though not actually using it. I think that he thinks he's important when he has it. Connor scribbled markers a lot on his though - he's much more into coloring than Henry is.
 








Then I simply poked holes in each end of the boxes and tied ribbon (again leftover from Christmas) to connect the boxes and then a long ribbon so the boys could pull it.
 
It provided hours of entertainment for the boys. They filled up the boxes with whatever was lying around (the flaps that I cut off the boxes and magnetic ABC's, mostly). 







A quick moment of solitude? Either really quick, or not very much solitude. These two never stopped! 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home