2.24.2011

More : ABC Mat Fun!


Usually I try to post something educational on Fridays.

Well, I haven't been much of a teacher this week 
because we did nothing that was any type of 'formal' education.

I have been meaning to show you what other fun we've been having with our ABC Mat!
Ever since we started making roads with our ABC Mat, we've started being more creative.

You may have seen on last week's Photo Project 365 post that we've built a house :



I've let Henry take control and make the 'road' himself : 



We then had car races (see who could push their car the furthest) :
The textures on the mat made this difficult actually!

Henry has also named the edges of the mat his fishing poles.
And we've built MANY roads since. 
Around the loop. 
Around the dining room table. 
Intersection in the middle and roads leading to every room.

And Henry always brings out his 
wooden blocks to match up the letters.
Without me suggesting it.




   
- Henry is about 34 months -

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At February 25, 2011 , Blogger Melissa said...

I love this!!! Thank you for participating in my link up!

Melissa
MeloMomma

 
At February 25, 2011 , Blogger Crystal said...

You have such great ideas!! I feel in a frump...when I was preggo w/#2 and it was just my oldest and I all day, we did crafts constantly. Now with 4 crazies in the roost...not so much! BUt you make me want to break out our dusty crafts and get creative again!

 
At April 18, 2011 , Anonymous Rachel said...

Those are brilliant! I want some!

 
At April 18, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

We have these foam letters. We need to make roads.

 
At April 19, 2011 , Blogger BookChook said...

I love that Henry looks to match up his blocks with the foam letters. Just through play, kids learn so much!

 
At April 19, 2011 , Blogger Jackie Higgins said...

Fun. My boys are always "fishing" off of something... just like their daddy!

 
At April 19, 2011 , Anonymous Erin @ Small Types said...

Playing is the best way to learn! Love this idea!

 
At April 20, 2011 , Blogger RedTedArt said...

Aren't those alphabet and numbers mat simple something? Mine love taking the letters out and putting them back in! A great way to practice!

Maggy

 
At April 21, 2011 , Anonymous Candace @Naturally Educational said...

I love this! We have pretty much just left ours on the ground but you are right--there is so much more fun to be had!

 
At June 05, 2011 , Anonymous Alissa said...

Nice! My kids love to make houses with their foam squares too. They always pretend they're kitty houses.

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home