2.07.2011

Sorted Button Valentine Heart


valentine's day button heart
I know I said the Valentine Tissue Wreath was one of my favorites, but this is my favorite!

I absolutely love how this looks on my mantel right now. 
It glimmers and shines in the light.

Henry started with sorting buttons by color in a muffin tin.
(I was planning on only using reds, pinks, and whites)
valentine's day button heart


I made a swirl design in glue around and around a cutout heart.
Henry added buttons to his desire!
(Henry wouldn't have it with my color selection and used every single color.)

valentine's day button heart

... and kept adding ...
I added some in the tiny spaces.

valentine's day button heart


Then I glued it to a pink scrapbook page and propped it up against a picture frame on my mantel...
and its oh-so-pretty.

valentine's day button heart


This project has been included in The Heart Project.

Make a donation of $5 to the American Heart Association
and receive The Heart Project ebook as a free gift!


US $5.00 Donation to AHA
Add to Cart

US $20.00
[$5 of every sale of the
printed book will go to the AHA]
 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2011 , Blogger Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

It turned out wonderful!

 
At April 27, 2011 , Blogger Marcia Beckett said...

Love your blog! I just gave you a versatile blogger award: http://vividlayers.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

My blog friends are mostly elementary art teachers, so perhaps they will be inspired by your work!

 
At February 11, 2012 , Blogger MiaB said...

This is such a great simple craft...Love it!!!

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home