Valentine Countdown Tree
Stick branch in small pot
Decorate tree
Look at and smile
Pretty simple recipe for a pretty decoration that your toddler or preschooler can definitely help with.
I just cut a couple of branches off one of our trees (probably not ideal during blizzard conditions). I was planning on only doing one and for it to be white (I cut two just so Henry could have a choice in which one to do). But after we finished the first one, Henry wanted to paint the other one green. We used a sponge to paint them.

I put some Styrofoam peanuts in a small pot and topped it off with some flat clear marbles. Once the branches dried, I stuck them in.
I cut out some hearts out of construction paper and hole punched them. Threaded a thin ribbon through the hole (I planned on Henry doing that part, but he lost interest at this point). Tied them together. Henry then hung them on the tree.

It wasn't until today when
Henry said "Its Valentine's today!"
that made me think we needed a countdown.
I used the hearts we made on the tree for this and wrote the numbers 1-14 on them. Everyday Henry will find the next number and take it off our tree and we'll tie it to another ribbon so we'll have a garland of hearts! The tree will also be undecorated on Valentine's Day and ready to be decorated for Easter!
| Henry is 3 years. George is 10 months. | |
Labels: Crafts, Holidays, newsletter, preschool, toddler, Valentine's Day



1 Comments:
I'm excited to try this with my 3yo! She cannot wait till Valentine's Day, so this will be a big help in the waiting game.
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home