Fun preschool activities, play based art and crafts.
1.24.2011
color : water : fishing : money
Lots and lots of fun to be had!
We've been doing activities pretty steadily around here.
color collage : I laid out a few different colors of construction paper that I had - and then ripped up some random scraps of construction/scrapbook paper of the same colors - but all different shades of those colors. I then mixed up the scraps and put them in a pile (we started out with way too big of a pile and it was a little overwhelming for Henry). Henry then took each piece and matched it to its color paper.
water transfer :I set Henry up to the kitchen sink on his 'big stool' and put a couple big containers in the sink with some measuring cups, spoons and we tried a syringe. I put water in one container and told him to get it to the other one using the utensils I gave him.
He really tried the syringe -- but just couldn't get the fact that it had to be in the water when he pulled up on it. This entertained him for a long time. He transferred the water multiple times between the two containers.
Being the smart boy that he is, there were times when he wanted nothing to do with the utensils and just grabbed the entire container and poured it into the other.
pipe cleaner fishing : Henry went fishing! I bent some pipe cleaners into shapes of fish and made a fishing pole with a hook on the end. Put the fish in some jars - and Henry fished for them!
coin cleaning : I'm not making a slave out of my son, I swear. I gave Henry a couple options on what he wanted to do - and he almost begged to clean the coins!
I put some coins in some water (I added some vinegar and baking soda too) - and let him have a toothbrush to scrub them clean. He loved how the baking soda fizzed up when he poured it in (I have it in an empty spice container) - so he kept shaking it in.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home