Just Playing with Play-Doh and Forts
Henry has been having a lot of fun just playing.
I think doing all these activities and crafts with him lately has increased his independence.
We pulled out the Play-Doh tub again and he's starting to explore a little more with it.
I made number sheets with cookies with the corresponding M&Ms on it - and I printed out the numbers 3 and 4 (I thought it might be better to only do a couple at a time instead of overwhelming him with all 1-9.
He just wanted to make his own cookies - instead he wanted me to put the right number of M&Ms on the cookie print outs.
I cannot wait until he's able to make these more by himself. That's how all the activities and crafts are that we do - a lot of me doing it, and Henry assisting. It will make my day when he does the majority of it, and me doing the assisting.
Henry's also been really into forts (again, built by me or Dad). He tries building his own, but can never get the cushions to stay in the right place. Right now, the only place he tries to build a fort is on the couch. Almost every day, the cushions come off - he gathers all the blankets he can find and asks me to build his fort. It becomes his house - he has a basement, attic and a roof. Sometimes he has more specific rooms. Most of the time he likes to be completely shut up with his flashlight, a pillow or two, and Blue Dog.
What activities do your kids like to do over and over?
Labels: Activities, Energetic Activities, newsletter, Play Doh, Playdough Activities, preschool, toddler

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home