Mummified Toddler
Lately, we've done quite a few activities around here (I'm much more for the activities, than I am crafts... don't know why... that's just me, I guess). However, alot of these activities have not been real winners... but I'm going to keep trying --
I think the more exposure of new things to do, the better.
The biggest disappointment was this 'Precious Gifts' (I like to call it the 'Mummified Toddler') activity I saw at The Mother Huddle - and not because its a bad activity - I just got really excited to do it, maybe too excited... I still have very high hopes for it - and Henry was just not in the mood and I didn't quite do it right...
Anyhow - the activity involved wrapping Henry up in a roll of toilet paper (yes, it took the entire roll... and then some). As I wrapped him up, I talked about his body parts and tried describing them in non-judging ways (which is very hard, I might add...). What I did wrong was wrapping his legs and arms separately - next time I'll make sure they're together and against his body.
He really didn't get into any of it... I thought we'd be rolling around the floor giggling. Or jumping around in excitement. So this was my disappointment.
I'll try again. This has to be a great activity -- I just have to wait for the right moment to try again.
... you see Blue Dog in each of the pictures?
Labels: Activities, newsletter, preschool, toddler

1 Comments:
My daughter was a mummy for halloween. We made her costume, but my stepdad wanted to join her so he did the TP thing. Every step he took down the street, bit of TP went flying. By the time we arrived at the first house, there was a trail of TP behind him, and hardly anything left on him. It was pretty funny!
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home