1.14.2011

Activity: Marshmallow Snowman Craft

So its been a little snowy outside and Henry has yet to actually get out in it and PLAY. He's been outside, but its usually to help Dad shovel the driveway. And he doesn't last too long. He's a smart boy - he knows he's cold and he just comes inside.


Anyhow - so I thought it was time to make a snowman. And since its really hard to get outside myself with a 3 month old. Henry and I made one out of marshmallows! I found this one over at No Time For Flash Cards again [I tell ya, that blog is AWESOME!].

I did most of the prep work - drew the snowman, face, buttons and arms. 
I left the nose off and we just used a scrap piece of orange paper and cut a triangle - Henry glued it on all by himself [he LOVES that glue stick!!]. 


Then I outlined the snowman in regular glue and Henry went to town adding the marshmallows. He followed the outline perfectly - I was quite shocked. He did like to smash the marshmallows to make them stay in their place. 


We decided to add some snow to the bottom of the snowman with some cotton balls. 
Henry loved to tear them up. 


It's now hanging proudly on my fridge [my favorite part of doing this].



Oh - and by the way - can you believe George is already 3 months old?! Here's some 3 month pictures I took of him [I'm practicing still, obviously!] He's growing rapidly and smiles all the time now [which makes him MUCH more pleasant to be around!]. I still have a hard time capturing that smile - its only happened once so far. But I still like how these turned out.



Updated to add a link to Best Toys for Toddlers High Paw 
-- Henry's Snowman was featured there on 1/14/11!! --




Best toys for toddlers


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 04, 2011 , Blogger Mrs. Antidote said...

I LOVE that snowman! So cool! I am going to have to look at your book and check it out for thing for us to do next winter and spring. :) Gonna be so fun!

 
At January 10, 2011 , Blogger Allie said...

I was just going to pop into one blog from my link up before bed and I am tickled this is the one that I got. Your boys are beautiful and I am so glad he liked the snowman :) I love these projects too , and not just because I have discovered how good marshmallows taste in coffee.

Thank you so much for linking it!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home