craft : taped snow painting
I've been seeing a lot of these paintings going around and thought it would be a creative way for Henry to actually make something that was actually something.
I taped my scenery - a snowman and a few snowflakes. And an 'S' - to make this a learning experience, of course.
Then I let Henry have at it. We used washable acrylic paints - though, I recommend watercolors, we just didn't have any. I thought a wet sponge might give it the same effect - and plus it was a new painting tool for Henry.
This is what it looked like when Henry was finished painting.
We waited for it to dry - then peeled off the tape. Henry helped with peeling it off.
The lower corner of it got super wet (I wonder how that happened... maybe the excessive squeezing of the sponge) and the tape peeled off some paper with it.
Labels: Crafts, newsletter, preschool, toddler

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home