10.19.2011

40 Pumpkin Activities for Kids

T'is the season for pumpkins!
But what do you do with them [aside from setting them out on your front porch]?

You can always carve them for Halloween.
But what else is there?

I've scrounged the blog world and came up with 40 amazing pumpkin activities, that your preschooler [and even toddlers and babies!] can enjoy doing.

Twelve pumpkin activities.
Eight learning activities with pumpkins.
Fourteen decorating ideas for pumpkins. [Aside from the usual carvings.]
Six activities to do with the insides of pumpkins!

You'll look forward to this season from now on!

-----------------------
pumpkin activities :
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
SandwichINK

pumpkin activities
The Little People Place
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity

pumpkin activities
Growing in Pre K

pumpkin activities
Dinosaurs and Octopuses
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity border=
pumpkin activities
Not Just Cute

pumpkin activities
Teach Preschool
pumpkin activity border=
pumpkin activity border=
pumpkin activities
How Long is this Hall?

pumpkin activity
Play at Home Mom
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity

pumpkin activity
My Montessori Journey

pumpkin activities
Counting Coconuts
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Teach Preschool

pumpkin activities
Jeanetics
pumpkin activity





-----------------------
learn with pumpkins :

pumpkin activity

pumpkin activities
Kids Activities Blog

pumpkin activities
Three Jewels in my Crown
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
The Preschool Toolbox Blog

pumpkin activities
Sink or Float:
The First Grade Parade
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
A to Z Teacher Stuff

pumpkin activities
The Preschool Toolbox Blog
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Math Wire

pumpkin activities
PreKinders
pumpkin activity



-----------------------
pumpkin decorating :

pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
La-La's Home Daycare

pumpkin activities
NurtureStore
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Sense of Wonder

pumpkin activities
Create with your Hands
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Compulsive Craftiness

pumpkin activities
The Imagination Tree
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Tinkerlab

pumpkin activities
The Magic Onions
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Let's Explore

pumpkin activities
hands on : as we grow
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities

Happy Little Messes

pumpkin activities
Smockity Frocks
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
An Ordinary Mom

pumpkin activities
Creativity My Passion
pumpkin activity


-----------------------
the insides of pumpkins :

pumpkin activity
pumpkin activities
Creative Connections for Kids

pumpkin activities
Craft Making
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity

Not Just Cute
pumpkin activity
pumpkin activity

pumpkin activities
Pumpkin Seed Counting:
Montessori Tidbits

pumpkin activities
Graphing:
First Grader at Last
pumpkin activity


-----------------------
Pumpkins! 
What will you do with them this season?
-----------------------


More collections of play ideas!



jamie @ hands on : as we grow


Henry is 3 years.
George is 1 year.
Head on over & check out our sponsors:


Labels: , , , ,

26 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 , Blogger Kristi @ Creative Connections for Kids said...

Jamie - Love the layout of this page. Very easy to read. Thanks for sharing pumpkin guts! :) Kristi

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Angelique Felix said...

FABULOUS! Thanks again for all the work Jamie and make our lives as educators, parents easier, more fun and absolutely way more creative.
Angelique

 
At October 19, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

what a GREAT collection!! thanks for sneaking us in there! :-)

 
At October 19, 2011 , Blogger Mandi said...

This is the perfect collection of pumpkin activities! And to think we used to just carve them. :)

Mandi at BBM

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great selection of pumpkin activities

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Toddler Approved said...

Such an awesome list!!! Now I totally need to whip out my pumpkins and start doing some things with them!

 
At October 19, 2011 , Blogger An Ordinary Mom said...

This is fabulous! I love how all these activities are in one place! Another fun thing we do with pumpkins is we clean out the inside, put in some potting soil, plant a flower and use it as a table centerpiece :) !!

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Charlene @ Adventures In Mommy Land said...

Ooooh love these!!! Come join us on my linky party Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land...I would love to have you share these wonderful ideas!

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Joyce @DinosaursAndOctopuses said...

Oh, I can't wait to check out these activities. And thank you so much for including my rolling pumpkin art! I'm thrilled and honored that it's included.

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Lori @ La-La's Home Daycare said...

Thanks for sharing our Pumpkin Paintings! We are excited. :)

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including us in your awesome round-up! I love the pumpkin boats, the drip-painted pumpkins, and the pumpkin bowling. So many fun things to try! :)

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Sarah said...

I hadn't even thought to use the seeds for crafts after carving. So glad I read your post before we cut up our pumpkins. It's always good to stretch the crafting fun for no extra money!

 
At October 19, 2011 , Blogger Lori said...

What a fantastic list you've gathered! I featured your post on Montessori MOMents' Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Montessori-MOMents/186597394722411

 
At October 19, 2011 , Blogger Pschooltoolbox said...

Thanks for sharing; we are posting to our FB page, too. Gotta love PUMPKINS!

 
At October 19, 2011 , Anonymous Brenna said...

I so want to sprout the seeds inside the pumpkin and see if it grows. Great idea.

 
At October 20, 2011 , Blogger Ellie said...

What a fab round up, going to keep us busy for a long time, so many creative and fun ideas. Great summary and thanks for including our cinderella carriage.

Ellie
createwithyourhands.blogspot.com

 
At October 20, 2011 , Anonymous Amanda @ Not Just Cute said...

What a great list! Thanks for including me - and giving me some great new ideas to try!

 
At October 20, 2011 , Anonymous TheSingingNurse/Dawn Ginese, RN said...

The button one looks fun, I will try it w my SMA pt. He enjoys most crafts, hand over hand...This one looks especially great for boys. lol

 
At October 20, 2011 , Blogger jen at paintcutpaste.com said...

how cool! those mummy pumpkins are adorable! i need to let my daughter at it with the pumpkins this weekend - i tried (and failed) with painting pumpkins myself (see today's post: http://paintcutpaste.com/boo-hoo-hoo-pumpkins/ )

 
At October 23, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! What a collection! I've been so busy lately- I plan on visiting and borrowing a few of these ideas for the classroom this week! Thanks for including out 'pumpkin painting!'

 
At October 24, 2011 , Anonymous Joyce @Dinosaurs And Octopuses said...

I just wanted to let you know that I found something else you could do with pumpkins. Haha! Our pumpkin guts sensory bin turned into a pumpkin guts fight. It was so much fun. I added it to the It's Playtime linky. It's a little.. crazy, but worth it.

 
At October 24, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE these!! For anyone looking for Halloween classroom resources, here is a link with several fun resources http://bit.ly/oKcVGC

Thanks!

 
At October 25, 2011 , Blogger Katie said...

This is such a GREAT list of resources! I can definitely do these both with my daughter, and with my speech therapy clients. Thanks!

 
At October 31, 2011 , Blogger Kelli W said...

So many great ideas! I love the tree with the painted pumpkin seeds!

 
At November 01, 2011 , Blogger alljoinin said...

Brilliant, fabulous, amazing list!!! One more idea you havent had http://alljoinin.blogspot.com/2011/10/golf-tees-hammering-in-pumpkin.html

 
At November 06, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all those amazing ideas. At our childcare we decorated mini pumpkins with the seeds we took out from the large pumpkin. We also put various type of gourds in a sensory table for children to examine. Please visit http://playfulteacher.blogspot.com/2011/11/mini-pumpkins-and-gourds.html for the photos. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home