Homemade Heart Bird Feeder
Did you know its National Bird Feeding Month?
Read about it here.
I've been seeing these a lot around blogs lately so I wasn't sure if I wanted to post another one.
But this is probably the one Valentine activity that Henry was so excited to do.
And he could do about 90% of it all by himself.
All you need is a
piece of toasted bread,
heart cutter,
peanut butter
and bird seed.
Cut a heart out of the piece of toast.
Spread peanut butter over both sides of the toast
(the one thing I had to do, but in another year, I'm sure he'll be able to do that himself too).
Press into bird seed.
Press it good.
Over and over.
Get all the little nooks and crannies of that piece of toast.
Suggestion:
Punch a hole in the corner and thread a string of twine through before it completely dries.
Let dry overnight
or in a low heat oven.
Hang it up in a place you can watch the birds peck away at it.
I did not punch a hole in it before it dried - and it broke in pieces.
I glued it back together with peanut butter.
Its now propped on our porch railing that we can see from our front window.
Yes, painting the porch is on my to do list for this summer.
My intention was to do a few more and hang them up in a cluster.
We just haven't had the time...
Labels: Activities, Holidays, Kitchen, newsletter, preschool, toddler, Valentine's Day



1 Comments:
I love your honesty ; )
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home