What can you do with a couple of balloons?[Ideas are welcome!]
I blew up a couple balloons and the first thing we did was:play Balloon Badminton!
I put together two rackets with paper plates and Henry's drumsticks. I just scotch taped them on. [We did have a couple instances of them falling apart]You could use paint stir sticks, paper towel holders, or anything long and sturdy!
[and staple them instead of using scotch tape!]
Henry and I didn't make it a formal game of Badminton.[if you do, tell me your trick on how to make a preschooler do that...]
But we did try a few things:1) hit the balloon [hand-eye coordination]2) keep the balloon off the ground [balance/steadiness]3) hit the balloon back and forth to each otheracross the play table or other object [team play]
I rarely get pictures to share with you of Henry with a big grin on his face.Every picture during this activity he has the biggest smile.[the only problem I had was taking a picture while trying to hit a balloon!]
If the weather is cooperating - take this activity outside!
Check out where I got this idea from : Polwig.com : Toddler Badminton
- Henry is about 35 months -

Labels: Activities, Activities for Preschoolers, Balloon Activities, Balloons, Energetic Activities, Free Play, newsletter, preschool, Preschool Activities, toddler
3 Comments:
Love those smiles :-) What a fun activity. We will have to add in the paddle sometime.. we usually just use our hands and feet :-)
That is such a creative idea!
:)
Marcy
We tried this activity out and loved it! Thanks for sharing! ;-) http://www.jugglingwithkids.com/2012/03/balloon-badminton.html
Post a Comment
Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home