4.18.2011

Rolling Eggs & Balls Painting

rolling eggs painting

I decided to take this art activity outside.

It took Henry awhile to get into it.
At first, he only wanted to play with his dump truck and stack the paints in it.
rolling eggs painting

I started by showing him what we'd do to spark some interest.
Henry joined me soon after.

This activity was inspired by Tinkerlab's Rolling Easter Egg Painting 
But, Henry created and played with the paints in his own way.

I set out 4 containers and put a blob of paint in each.
Henry rolled plastic Easter eggs (along with a ball) in the paint.
rolling eggs painting

I laid out a piece of cardboard on our sidewalk (which is slanted).
I taped a couple pieces of butcher paper on the cardboard.

Henry rolled the eggs down the paper.
The eggs usually needed some pushing to keep them moving.
rolling eggs painting
Henry also kicked his ball down the paper many times!

Henry chose to include the ball himself.
The design the ball made on the paper added a lot of interest.

Henry said that a couple of the paint circles the ball made looked like glasses!

The process was fun!
And we never knew where the Easter egg would go. 
rolling eggs painting

[The eggs didn't look so bad either.]

This was a very messy activity.

Henry's clothes were covered in paint.
I cannot stress how much I love Crayola Washable Paints!



Featured at:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At April 18, 2011 , Blogger Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

This is Awesome! Looks like he had a lot of FUN! We did some Easter Egg Paint Rolling too! My daughter Loved it! This is definitely a boy's way to approach this! Though my daughter would enjoy the kicking too...Great pics!

 
At April 18, 2011 , Blogger rachelle | tinkerlab said...

The kicked egg and ball version is so much fun!! It never occurred to me to kick the eggs -- probably not as fun for cleaning up, but the process is incredible. I love those moments when children take an idea and run in their own direction with it. And I agree with Melissa - your photos are gorgeous. Thanks for linking back to me :)

 
At April 18, 2011 , Blogger Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Hi Jamie!
I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award!

Check it out on my site:

http://thechocolatemuffintree.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

 
At April 20, 2011 , Anonymous maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Crayola washable paints are the best! What a fun twist on the traditional Easter egg roll!

 
At April 20, 2011 , Blogger Jessie, The Education Of Ours said...

We did this last summer with little bounce balls! What a colorful mess :)

http://educationofours.blogspot.com/2010/07/bouncey-ball-painting.html

 
At April 21, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea, I love it!

 
At April 21, 2011 , Anonymous Jillian said...

What a fun idea! I just know my messy M would love to get paint balls rolling!

 
At April 22, 2011 , Blogger GianneCurry said...

I love this ssooooooo much! What a great way to recycle on earth Day. We'll be doing this soon! cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com

 
At April 25, 2011 , Anonymous Busy Brissy Mum said...

Oooh messy, colourful fun!

 
At April 25, 2011 , Blogger Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Love the kicking photo, what fantastic fun :)

 
At April 25, 2011 , Blogger Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is FABULOUS!!! I would love if you would like this up to Made by Little Hands Mondays!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

 
At April 25, 2011 , Blogger LocalFunForKids said...

Very smart idea to do this one outside! Mess = Fun. ; ) Thanks for linking up with Fun for Kids Friday!

Heather
localfunforkids.com &
PreschoolBuddy.com

 
At April 29, 2011 , Blogger Laura said...

What an awesome idea! I love your pictures too. They are priceless. He is a cute guy. I want to see the final product in a frame. I need to take more art products outside. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing.

 
At May 03, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

My guy will try anything that involves balls. We did his cars down the slide and he loved it!
http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com/2011/04/painting-with-cars.html

 
At May 05, 2011 , Blogger Laura said...

Had to feature this one on my blog! Not only is it super fun, but the pictures are so inviting.

 
At September 08, 2011 , Anonymous Kids craft ideas said...

Great summer activity for kids... love it, thanks for sharing

 
At October 17, 2011 , Anonymous Joyce @Dinosaurs And Octopuses said...

I found this particular post through Pinterest and instantly knew we had to do this. We changed it a little to be more seasonal and used pumpkins, primarily. I linked back to this wonderful post and I want to say thank you for inspiring us. We had so much fun with this today. It was a ridiculous amount of fun. I'm also going to link this to this weeks Playtime linky. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and I love to see what you have to say!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home